Monday, November 12, 2012

Falling Back

The Monday after we turn the clocks back in the fall, I always feel I'm missing something.


                             
                                                    Falling Back
                                      (on the return to standard time)
                                    Why does the sun say I’m late  
                                    when my watch says I’m early
                                    now that it’s dawn when it was
                                    dark before?   We can calibrate
                                    the clocks, but our bodies know
                                    better. Each gain feels like a loss
                                    when there’s always something
                                    we’ve forgotten but cannot ignore. 

                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment