Monday, October 21, 2013

Training to a Video of the Col de Peyresourde

Here's another biking poem. I think I've written before about using a video computer trainer. Hope this one is different enough to warrant a separate poem.

        Training to a Video of the Col de Peyresourde
          
            It’s just pretend and not the Pyrenees.
            The spectators are waving at the camera crew
            ten years ago and not my unseen present self.
            I know the smiling girls are mostly married now –
            and the old men may be dead,
            but I still feel encouraged, accompanied
            as I pedal past their greetings toward whatever
            awaits me, prerecorded or unplanned,
            beyond some near or distant peak. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you need the final line. I like the poem a lot.

    ReplyDelete