Monday, April 18, 2011

Contemplating My Navel

I decided to take the old saying about intropection literally.

                                                           Contemplating My Navel

                                                       A crater on my lunar landscape
                                                       as my belly waxes and wanes
                                                       from meal to meal
                                                       and month to month.

                                                       The wrinkled end
                                                       of my body balloon.

                                                       The one scar we all share.
                                       
                                                       My built-in lint trap.

                                                       The first sign I’d be an introvert.

                                                       The infant astronaut’s connection
                                                       with his mother ship.

                                                       The only thing I have
                                                        that Adam lacked.




No comments:

Post a Comment