Friday, June 24, 2011

Health and Well Being

Another poem inspired by having a physical.

               Health and Well Being

Yesterday I went to my ontologist for my annual metaphysical.
After weighing my thoughts to see if they were as heavy
as they were dense, he asked me to open wide and say “Om”
while urging me to breathe in through my ears and out through
my id. Then he measured how far I could stretch my
imagination by asking me to picture a caterpillar sunset and
decaffeinated love. I nearly strained my credulity but knew
I was almost done. A quick check of my moral backbone
and after I refused a bribe, he handed me my hat.
“Is that God over there?” he suddenly exclaimed. “Who?”
I asked but turned around anyway. “At least I made you
look,” the ontologist smiled when I turned back – and so did I;
my reflexes were still sound though I wonder whether God has my back.





No comments:

Post a Comment