Thursday, June 2, 2011

Key Change

I have more keys than I know what to do with.

                                                       Key Change

                                       My car, my house, my classroom.
                                       These I recognize, but what about
                                       those other familiar strangers-
                                       jagged profiles stamped with
                                       authoritative names:
                                       Master, Liberty,
                                       Best, True Value?
                                       What was precious
                                       enough
                                       to lock away,
                                       but now remains
                                       unmemorable?
                                       What else
                                       has slipped
                                       my mind,
                                       along with equations
                                       I used to balance,
                                       lines from my
                                       high school
                                       play,
                                       and phone numbers
                                       of places
                                       I used to
                                       call
                                       home.



No comments:

Post a Comment