Saturday, May 28, 2011

List-less

In a creative writing class, we students were challenged to write a list that was a poem.  Contrarian that I am, I wrote about being without a list at the grocery store.

                                                                  List-less

                                             I wander the grocery store aisles,
                                             trying to visualize my refrigerator
                                             while passing by what I need.
                                             Then I stare at the shelves
                                             and grab what I want.
                                             Mick Jagger was wrong.



Note to those who don't know the Rolling Stones: One of their most popular songs says something like, "You don't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might just find, you get what you need."
That's the gist of the quote; Stones fans can correct any words I have wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment