Sunday, March 6, 2011

Perspective



                                                       Perspective

                                      
                                    The gurgling of our tabletop fountain
                                    soothes my soul when I think of its sound
                                    as a babbling brook and not a running toilet.

                                    The layers of blankets covering us
                                    on the coldest nights comfort me
                                    unless I focus on how heavy they are.

                                    Each day seems satisfying until I think
                                    of the things I didn’t do
                                    when it's too late to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment